Information we collect
From Clients of our Service
- E-Mail address, to stay in contact with you as a user. We will not send you any unsolicited marketing e-mails nor will we share your e-mail address with third parties.
- Clients who opt to use the optional control panel will receive a temporary cookie
From the Website and Email
- We used to use Google Analytics, and then realized this goes completely against our mission as a privacy provider. We have since removed all Analytics code from our website.
- Internationalisation (i18n)
- Affiliates who opt to use the optional control panel will receive a temporary cookie.
- Nginx Webserver (see nginx.org) logs.
- Submissions on the 'Contact Us' page.
- Any e-mails we receive.
- Clients that opt to use the port forwarding system will have their ports recorded.
- When connecting to our network, the login attempt is recorded.
- If we receive abuse reports and/or we suspect a customer is and/or has been breaching any part of our Terms of Service or any law in The Kingdom of Netherlands or any law in the country where the customer has used and/or is using any of CrypticVPN's servers, we reserve the right to record information they transmit through CrypticVPN networks, including, but not limited to, raw encrypted TCP or UDP data, connection "metadata" and incoming connection attempts to ports the customer has opened. Our policy for handling this data is described below.
- E-mail address is used to send subscription information, payment confirmations, customer correspondence, and opt-in promotional offers. Customers can opt in or out of receiving promotional offers at any time through the control panel.
- Payment data is used to manage client signups, payments, and cancellations.
- Google analytics data is used to improve our website.
- Nginx webserver logs are regularly pruned and are created by the webserver. No usernames or passwords are ever logged by the webserver.
- Contact submissions and e-mails will be used for correspondence.
- Temporary cookies are used to handle control panel logins.
- CrypticVPN does not collect or log any of the traffic that is transmitted via the Virtual Private Network ("VPN") except, as described above, in the case of abuse reports and/or suspicious activity. This data will only be retained for the duration of the investigation. Any data accidentally recorded that was not transmitted nor received by the subject of the investigation will be immediately deleted. Furthermore, any such data (whether transmitted and/or received by the subject of the investigation or not) will never be used for anything else than investigating suspicous activity, nor will this data be transmitted to any server or party outside of CrypticVPN.
If you have any questions or concerns, we would love to hear from you: [email protected].